Train Better & Recover Faster with IV Therapy
In the modern era, regular physical activity is absolutely crucial! However, exercise transcends mere well-being for numerous individuals and becomes a genuine passion. Whether they engage in activities like long-distance running, bike racing, swimming, or any other sport, their ultimate objective is to enhance their overall performance as either amateur or professional athletes. Nonetheless, achieving this goal demands more than mere dedication. Continue reading to understand the vital significance of hydration in training and recovery, and discover how Vida-Flo Nashville’s IV therapy for athletes can assist you in rapidly replenishing your fluids.
Benefits of IV Hydration Pre-Workout
Commencing any exercise routine while dehydrated is ill-advised and can heighten the risk of injury. Moreover, it may result in stiff muscles or cramps, impeding your progress. Consuming approximately 8 ounces of fluids at least 2 to 3 hours before your workout is recommended, allowing ample time for your body to process and utilize them effectively. Depending on your weight and exercise duration, you may require additional water or additives. Alternatively, rather than resorting to multiple beverages and salt tablets, you can opt for the convenience of IV hydration. This method proves beneficial for athletes throughout their training regimen. Such as:
- Promote energy consumption.
- Relieve muscle aches and soreness.
- Improve cellular repair.
- Support muscle growth and repair.
- Ease muscle cramps.
- Reduce oxidative stress.
- Enhance muscle strength and tone.
- Increase endurance.
Benefits of IV Hydration Post-Workout
Regular and intense physical activity results in the depletion of fluids and vital minerals through sweat, necessitating their replenishment. Why is this important? These elements play a crucial role in your overall well-being and significantly impact your future athletic performance. For instance, the loss of sodium and chloride can diminish power, strength, agility, skill, and concentration. Similarly, calcium, magnesium, and phosphate are essential for muscle health, as well as muscle recovery and repair. In the long term, proper hydration aids your body in adapting more effectively to your workouts. The advantages are:
- Faster recovery.
- Less inflammation.
- Restored fluids, electrolytes, and vitamins.
- Decreased oxidative stress.
- Immediate rehydration.
- Relief from muscle soreness and aches.
Best Option for Your Athletic Performance
Through IV hydration, the body can receive ample hydration in a much shorter period than what it would take for you to hydrate orally. There are two base IV solutions:
- IV Hydration
- IV drips are sterile saline solutions that deliver vitamins and nutrients directly into your bloodstream. As a result, your body absorbs 100% of the fluids.
- These minerals have various benefits, from balancing blood pH to strengthening the muscles and bones.
Once you choose a base, you can add vitamins to fit your needs. For example, any of the following options will help you achieve peak athletic performance:
- Vitamin B12
- Maintain and produce red blood cells, nerves, and DNA with Vitamin B12. Low levels can cause anemia or a low red blood cell count.
- Vitamin B5
- Alternatively, Vitamin B5 encourages healthy skin, hair, eyes, and liver. It also helps metabolize fats, proteins, and coenzyme A.
- Vitamin B Complex
- Unlike Vitamin B12, Vitamin B Complex is a group of vitamins. They increase energy production and provide metabolic and cardiovascular support.
Want to test the benefits of IV therapy for athletes? Vida-Flo offers Monthly Memberships for up to three IV therapy treatments per month. Learn more when you visit their website or book an appointment at one of four Middle Tennessee hydration clinics!