by Melissa Ann Haithcock
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup corn meal
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut oil (sub vegan butter)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
6 tablespoons water
(1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch round skillet.
(2) In a small bowl, combine flax seeds and water, stir and set to the side while other ingredients are prepped.
(3) In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add in the sugar, coconut oil, almond milk and flax mixture and stir until well combined.
(4) Pour into skillet and cook for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
(5) Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, slice, and serve.