recipe by Brooke Stephens @honeyb_healthy
photos by Andrew Lazo @lazo.photo
1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ tsp. salt
8 to 10 flour or corn tortillas
Juice of 2 limes + zest of 1 lime
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp honey
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 cups coleslaw mix
1 cup shredded red cabbage
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup chopped green onions
Juice of 2 limes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
Dash of salt
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup cilantro leaves
1 garlic clove
3 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp. Sriracha or favorite hot sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup water (may add more for thinner consistency)
1) Place chicken in a large ziplock bag or shallow dish.
2) Whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over the chicken breast. Cover and marinate for 1-4 hours.
3) To prep coleslaw, combine slaw mix, cabbage, green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey, and salt. Pour mixture over slaw and toss together.
4) To make the avocado crema, in a food processor combine the avocado, garlic, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, Sriracha/hot sauce, and salt/pepper. Begin blending then add in the olive oil and water slowly until you achieve the desired consistency.
5) To cook chicken, pre-heat a pan on medium-high heat and add marinated chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper. Allow chicken to cook for 5 minutes on each side until done. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
6) Assemble tacos by placing chicken on a tortilla and top with slaw and a dollop of the avocado crema. Enjoy!