Always looking for a new, fun workout, last month we had the opportunity to take a POUND fitness class with Allie Lamb, and we’re very happy we did.
POUND is a full body cardio jam session, combining body weight movements with constant simulated drumming. The workout fuses cardio, Pilates, isometric movements, plyometrics and isometric poses into a 45-minute session.
It’s a little like playing an intense version of Rock Band but incorporating leg work into your solo session. We were hooked after the first song!
Through continuous upper body movement using lightweight drumsticks, called Ripstix, we moved through a series of rock, rap, dubstep, pop and old school songs and were very surprised to feel a nice burn during each song. We also felt it the next day too. Arms, forearms, butt, and legs. All toast!
The Ripstix are weighted at ¼ lb, which is twice the weight of a standard drum stick and slightly shorter in length. What’s a drumming workout without drumsticks?
- Full body workout using cardio to strengthen and sculpt infrequently used muscles and drum your way to a leaner, slimmer physique.
- Ripstix provide a light weight resistance to intensify the workout
- 800 calories per hour, 15,000 strikes per class
- Rock, rap, dubstep, pop and old school music fuse to create the POUNDtrack series
- Anyone can do POUND! Modified to fit any level of fitness and focuses on the fun!
- All classes accessible to all ages and fitness levels
- “Pound is so much more than a group exercise format. The highlight of my work day is stepping into the dance studio, park, or wherever class is meeting, to unleash the rhythm and bad*ss in every single person who grabs a pair of Ripstix. It’s my mission to break boundaries and shatter body image obsessions one rockstar at a time. What better place than Music City to rock out while you work out?” – Allie Lamb (centered in below picture)
“I absolutely love taking Pound classes from Allie. Pound is a great combination of cardio and sculpting, and I’m amazed at how sweaty and sore this class makes me. I love the music and with a high energy party atmosphere I always look forward to my Pound workout!” – Ruth
“I started attending Allie’s Pound class in January and got hooked – It’s a totally different workout class than I’ve ever attended. The class is fun, the music is good, and the workout continues to be challenging week after week. Allie learns everyone’s name, maintains a really positive class culture, and keeps things fresh. I never would have thought I could do squats and lunges for 45 minutes while smiling. Pound is a blast!” – Allison
“An absolutely thrilling workout that keeps me smiling while sweating my butt off!” – LaCresha
“I’ve never smiled while doing jump squats before, so you must be magic!” – Class participant
Find your next POUND class at PoundFit.com!